The fighter jets of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) on Wednesday reportedly made flights near Siachen Glacier. Also, all the forward operating bases were declared fully operational, Pakistani media has claimed. All forward airbases of PAF were made operational on Wednesday after recent Indian Air Force Chief’s ‘internal letter’, ARY News reported.
Meanwhile, the Indian Air Force has categorically rejected Pakistan's claims of flying fighter jets over Siachen Glacier on the Indian side.
Reports said earlier that Pakistan Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman visited Forward Airbases at Siachen where the PAF showcased its war expertise and preparedness during its drills.
According to reports, Pak Air Chief Marshal Aman flown a Mirage Jet Fighter himself as he took part in the PAF exercises. Aman met the pilots and technical staff of the PAF, said reports.
"The nation does not need to be worried from such kind of statements from enemy," Pakistan Air Chief Sohail Aman was quoted as saying by Pakistani media. "If anyone tried to do some kind of misadventure with Pakistan, it will face strong retaliation," he added. "We don't need to tell anyone that we are ready because everyone knows we are," he said.
This comes after, Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa, in a letter to each officer of the IAF, had asked them “to be prepared for operations with our present holdings, at a very short notice”. According to reports, the letter was written to more than 12,000 officers on April 30.
The letter also talked about various issues in the Army including favouritism and sexual harassment. The letter was written to the officers by BS Dhanoa three months after becoming the Air Chief Marshal.
ALSO READ | IAF personnel assaulted, robbed by ruffians in Delhi's Sangam Vihar; 3 men arrested“In the present scenario, there is an ever persistent sub-conventional threat. Therefore, we need to be prepared for operations with our present holdings, at a very short notice,” Dhanoa was quoted as saying by The Indian Express. Training needs to be focused towards this, he added.
When asked about the letter, IAF spokesperson refused to comment citing this is an internal communication.
On Tuesday, the Indian Army had claimed to have destroyed Pakistan Army posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Nowshera sector. However, the Pakistan Army had rejected the claim through its media wing – Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR). Indian Army had also released a video proof of the same.
“It is totally baseless and misleading. On the contrary, Indian Army resorted to unprovoked ceasefire violation including heavy mortar and artillery fire on civil population in Bhimber Sector on 13 May which resulted in civilian casualties and damages to civil infrastructure,” said a press release issued by ISPR.