Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar turned 45 today. There is no batting record in cricket world which he has not achieved. His batting style and charisma has changed the face of the cricket forever.
Not only in India, Sachin Tendulkar is considered as cricket legend worldwide. Team India’s current skipper Virat Kohli is considered as the future Sachin Tendulkar because like him he is on the road to break all those record created by Sachin.
On the occasion of his birthday, let us take a look at some of his achievements and interesting facts:
- In the year 1988, Sachin Tendulkar fielded for Pakistan team as a substitute in an ODI match against India at the Brabourne Stadium in 1988.
- Sachin Made his International cricket debut in the year 1989 when he was just 16 years old.
- Sachin Tendulkar was the first batsman to be given out by the third-umpire in the year 1992 in Durban.
- Sunil Gavaskar gifted Sachin pads which he used in his debut Test match against Pakistan.
- In the first two ODI matches he played, Sachin was out on a duck and that too on the second ball.
- The first brand which the ‘Mater Blaster’ endorsed was the health drink ‘Boost’ in which he was featured along with Kapil Dev in the year 1989.
- Today, he has a fleet of cars in his garage but not many people know that his first car was Maruti 800.
- Sachin became the youngest cricketer to represent Yorkshire in the year 1992 when was just 19 years old.
- In the year 2010, he became the first batsman to score double hundred in a One Day International.