After signing 16 crucial defence deals with Russia, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday addressed a press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin. PM Modi spoke at length about global need to combat cross-border terrorism, fostering business ties and military collaboration between the two nations, ahead of BRICS Summit.
On Saturday, India and Russia signed 16 defence agreements worth Rs 39,000 crores as a part of 17th India-Russia Annual Summit ahead of eight BRICS Summit to be held in Goa on October 15 and 16.
Here are top 10 quotes by PM
1. Ours is a truly privileged and unique relationship
2. An Old friend is better than two new friends
3. President Putin and I agreed on zero tolerance in dealing with terror and those supporting it
4. We deeply appreciate Russia's understanding and support on the issue of combating cross-border terrorism
5. We agreed to work on an annual military industrial conferance that will allow stakeholders on both sides to institute & push collaboration
6. We continue to expand, diversify & deepen economic engagement. Businesses, Industry between our countries is connected more deeply today
7. India & Russia are moving towards a bright future
8. We're celebrating & building on our past achievements.Close friendship has been source of strength; driver of peace &factor of stability
9. Agreed to work on annual military industrial conference to push collaboration
10. Agreed to set up a S&T Commission.Our societies will reap benefits of joint development,transfer & sharing of cutting edge tech in different fields