Fire tenders rushed to a south Kolkata school after receiving calls that a pungent smell was emanating from their campus, triggering possibility of a gas leak.
Fire department officials said they got a call from Harrow Hall School complaining of a pungent smell in their campus after which two tenders were rushed to the spot.
The school authorities had vacated the classrooms as a precautionary measure.
However, Fire department personnel checked the campus but could not trace any smell or leakage.
Earlier it was reported that students were evacuated from the campus after a leak was reported.
#FLASH Gas leak in Harrow Hall School (Park street, Kolkata); source of gas leak yet to be ascertained. Students evacuated.— ANI (@ANI_news) November 3, 2016