The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) on Sunday launched the cashless token sale/smart card recharge facility by using the Bharat Quick Response (QR) Code displayed at the Token Counters and Customer Care Centres of Metro stations. This facility was launched by DMRC’s Managing Director Dr Mangu Singh at Rajiv Chowk Metro station in the presence of senior officials.
With this facility, the commuters will now be able to use the Bharat QR Code, which is being provided by HDFC Bank, displayed at the Token Counters/Customer Care Centres through their respective Bank's App installed in their smartphones. All bank wallet and savings account holders can make payments using Bharat QR by logging into their Bank App and scanning the QR code available at stations.
Currently, this facility is made available at five Metro stations namely, Rajiv Chowk, Rajendra Place, Seelampur, Pitampura and Nehru Place only. Subsequently, the facility will be introduced in a phased manner at all Metro stations of the Delhi Metro network.
The procedure for using the Bharat QR Code by the Delhi Metro commuters is as follows:
1. Login to your Bank App and select to pay using the QR code option.
2. You will then need to scan the QR code displayed at token counter/customer care at the station to get the merchant details (DMRC is merchant in this case)
3. Enter the amount (for the desired token value/smart card recharge value) and confirm.
4. The transaction will be authenticated using the PIN/OTP details etc. Both the merchant as well as the customers will receive instant notification after the successful transaction.
5. If you are using Bharat QR for the first time, you will need to grant the App to access the camera on your phone.