A massive fire broke out in the Trauma Centre of the King George’s Medical University in Lucknow on Saturday evening, but no one was injured.
The fire, suspected to have caused due to a short circuit in the air conditioner, broke out on the second floor of the six-storied building and soon spread to other floors of the KGMU, officials said.
Around six fire tenders were rushed to control the flames, they added. It took two hours for the firemen to douse the fire.
“All patients on the floor were shifted to safer places and as a precautionary measure, other floors were also evacuated. There is no report of any casualty,” District Magistrate Kaushal Raj Singh said.
The Chief Minister asked him to fix responsibility for the incident and punish those found guilty of the lapses, an official release said.
State Health minister Siddharth Nath Singh said patients have been shifted to other government hospitals.
Meanwhile, Union Health Minister J P Nadda spoke to Singh and enquired about the incident.
He said the Union Health Secretary is in touch with state health officials.
“Spoken to @sidharthnsingh, Health Minister UP & inquired about fire accident in KGMC. Health Secretary, GOI is in touch with state officials,” Nadda tweeted.