A massive fire broke out at the sets of TV show 'Super Dancer' at the RK Studio in Mumbai’s Chembur on Saturday. It was confined to electric wiring, electric installation and decoration equipment.
However, there was no crew at the set, Saturday being the reason. At least 6 fire tenders and 5 water tankers were rushed to the spot.
"Fire was controlled within two hours. Half of the portion of RK Studio gutted," P G Duhal, Division Fire Officer said.
The renowned film studio was established in 1948 in the name of legendary Bollywood actor Raj Kapoor.
The first movie produced by the RK Studio was ‘Aag’, which came in the same year of its establishment. The film did not get good response from the audience and failed at the box office.