Touted as the first female superstar of Bollywood, Sridevi, ruled the silver screen in the 80s and 90s.The diva who has worked in a series of superhit films throughout her career, is celebrating her 54th birthday on Sunday. Apart from several Hindi language dramas, there are also a bunch of Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Malayalam and Kannada blockbusters in her kity.
The actress stepped into her acting career as a child artist in the hit Julie (1975) and played her first adult role at age 13 with the Tamil film Moondru Mudichu (1976).
In Bollywood, she made her debut as a lead actress in Solva Sawan (1978) and gained wide public attention with the movie Himmatwala (1983).
Mawaali (1983), Tohfa (1984), Naya Kadam (1984), Masterji (1985), Maqsad (1985), Nazrana (1987), Mr. India (1987), Waqt Ki Awaz (1988), Chandni (1989). She also received critical acclaim for commercially successful movies like Sadma (1983), Nagina (1986), ChaalBaaz (1989), Lamhe (1991), Khuda Gawah (1992), Gumrah (1993), Laadla (1994), Judaai (1997) are some of the movies which established herself as one of the leading actresses of Indian cinema.
With her 2012 release 'English Vinglish', the diva returned to films after a 15-year-long break and became the only actress in the history of Hindi Cinema to make a highly successful comeback.
'Nainon Mein Sapna', 'Tu Mujhe Kabool', 'Hawa Hawaii', 'Meri Bindiya' and 'Mere Haathon Mein' are some of her superhit Bollywood songs with which she managed a permanent place in hearts of million.
Let's have a look to those much loved and magical moments yet another time:
1. Nainon Mein Sapna: 'Nainon Mein Sapna' is from superhit Bollywood action flick 'Himmatwala'. With Jeetendra and Sridevi in the lead roles the movie is blessed with the music of Bappi Lahri.
2. Tu Mujhe Kabool: 'Tu Mujhe Kabool' is one of the most talked about songs from 1992 Indian Hindi epic action romance film 'Khuda Gawah'. With superstar Amitabh Bachchan in the lead the movie hit the screens on August 20, 1993. Helmed by Mukul S. Anand, the movie is blessed with the music of Pyarelal Ramprasad Sharma, Laxmikant Shantaram Kudalkar.
3. Hawa Hawaii: 'Hawa Hawaii' is from much loved Bollywood movie 'Mr. India' which also features ever-green actor Anil Kapoor in the lead. The song was nicely presented by famous play-back singer Kavita Krishnamurthy. 'Mr. India' hit the screens on May 25, 1987.
4. Meri Bindiya: 'Meri Bindiya' is one of the much loved songs of the actress with which she managed a permanent place in hearts of million. The song is from 1991 blockbuster film 'Lamhe' and sung by the gem of music industry of Bollywood Lata Mangeshkar.
5. Mere Haathon Mein: 'Mere Haathon Mein' is a superhit Bollywood number from 1989 blockbuster flick 'Chandni'. With Rishi Kapoor in the lead the movie is blessed with the music of Shiv-Hari, Hariprasad Chaurasia, Shivkumar Sharma. Helmed by Yash Chopra, 'Chandni' hit the screens on September 14, 1989.