- Babri case: SC's observations against LK Advani, MM Joshi, Uma Bharti
- Babri demolition case: Why ex-UP CM Kalyan Singh will not face trial?
- Babri case: Advani, others to face charges, Twitter reacts
- Babri Masjid demolition: Timeline of 25-year-old case
- Advani to face criminal conspiracy charges in Babri case, says SC
After the Supreme Court on Wednesday allowed CBI’s appeal challenging withdrawal of criminal conspiracy charges against senior BJP leaders including Uma Bharti, it is expected that she may lose her cabinet post.
Uma Bharti who holds the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation will have to face the trial in Lucknow court. As per the Supreme Court’s order, hearing in this case would be on a day-to-day basis and the trial has to be completed in two years.
It is to be noted that when questions were raised against Smriti Irani, she was shifted from the HRD Ministry to the Textiles Ministry. Now, it is expected that Uma Bharti may also lose her ministry at least till the time she faces trial in the Babri Masjid demolition case.