In an unprecedented move, the Narendra Modi-led NDA government on Sunday invited applications for 10 posts of joint secretaries in different ministries under its "lateral entry" scheme. The decision has been taken with an aim to attract talents from across the public and private sectors in India.
Here are the criteria, set by the Central government to apply for the posts of Bureaucrats:
1. The candidate must be of 40 years of age as on July 1
2. Graduation from a recognized university or institute is mandatory.
3. Applicants with higher educational qualification will be given preference.
4. State/ UT officers, working at an equivalent level are also eligible for appointment to another equivalent level in their cadre.
5. Individuals with an experience of 15 years from PSUs, autonomous bodies, statutory organisations, universities, recognized research institutes can apply.
6. People working at comparable levels in ‘private sector companies, consultancy organisations, international/ multinational organisations with at least 15 years are eligible for appointment.
The selected candidates will be appointed for a time period of three years and the contract is liable to be extended by the Centre up to five years. Besides that, the government will offer a salary of Rs 1.44 lakh to Rs 2.18 lakh per month and would also provide allowances and facilities as applicable to all the equivalent level jobs under the Central government.
The posts for which the government opened the door are revenue, financial services, economic affairs, agriculture, road transport, shipping, environment and forest, civil aviation and commerce.