As many as 1800 tourists were stranded due to a landslide near Vishnuprayag on Badrinath route in Uttarakhand impacting "Chardham Yatra" in the state.
As reported earlier 15,000 tourists were said to be stranded due to the landslide, however, Uttarakhand chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat said that there were no unfortunate incidents and 1800 tourists were affected instead of 15 thousand reported earlier.
Rawat also said that arrangements were made for stranded tourists. Border Roads Organisation (BRO) and other authorities are working on clearing debris and route will be open on Saturday.
District Collector Ashish Joshi said that BRO (Border Roads Organisation) personnel are engaged in clearing the roads and it could be opened for the traffic by the afternoon on Saturday.
He also said efforts are on to provide all facilities to 1,000-1,500 pilgrims who are at Joshimath, Karnaprayag, Pipalkoti, Govindghat and Badrinath.
The landslide happened during the ongoing “Chardham Yatra” when almost 2.5 lakh pilgrims have visited the sacred temples in the state so far.
Uttarakhand Government issues tourist helpline numbers for Char Dham pilgrims: 0135-2559898, 2552626, 2552627,2552628 and 1364