>>     >>   India of 2017 will suffer worse losses than 1962 war: China

India of 2017 will suffer worse losses than 1962 war if it incites border clash: China

As the border conflict between India and China intensifies in Sikkim sector with both countries sending in more troops in a non-combative mode there, the state-run Chinese daily has warned India of severe consequences than 1962 if it “incites” border clash.


By   |  Updated On : July 08, 2017 10:25 PM
India of 2017 will suffer worse losses than 1962 war if it incites border clash: China

India of 2017 will suffer worse losses than 1962 war if it incites border clash: China

New Delhi :  

As the border conflict between India and China intensifies in Sikkim sector with both countries sending in more troops in a non-combative mode there, the state-run Chinese daily has warned India of severe consequences than 1962 if it “incites” border clash.

In an article published in the Global Times, which is also considered as Chinese govt’s mouthpiece said the Indian defence minister Arun Jaitley’s statement that India of 2017 is different than of 1962 is right and in 2017, India will have to suffer worse losses than it suffered during 1962 war.

“If New Delhi believes that its military might can be used as leverage in the Donglang area, and it’s ready for a two-and-a-half front war, we have to tell India that the Chinese look down on their military power. Jaitley is right that the India of 2017 is different from that of 1962 - India will suffer greater losses than in 1962 if it incites military conflicts,” an article published in the state run Chinese daily Global Times said.

Also Read: Hope Malabar exercises not directed against third nation, says China

The article also said that the public in China is infuriated by “India’s provocation” in Donglang and the Chinese People's Liberation Army is powerful enough to throw Indian troops out of its claimed territory.

The Chinese daily also called upon the people of China to be more unite on the issue, probably seeking people’s support for any military action to fight against India. It said, this time “we must teach India a bitter lesson.” However, Chinese Army would not like to commit this ‘suicidal mistake’ of undermining India’s defence power.

The entire border row started last month after the Chinese side started building a road at the tri-junction that Thimpu and New Delhi both claim is inside Bhutan but Beijing insists is in China. India govt has conveyed the message to China that India will not allow such construction that represents significant change of status quo with serious security implications for India.

Suggested Read: Ulterior motives prompted India to include tri-junction in Sikkim standoff, says China

First Published: Saturday, July 08, 2017 03:48 PM
RELATED ARTICLES


Download the News Nation Mobile App and stay connected with top stories from India and around the world. Available on Android and IOS.


NEXT STORY