- Number of militant camps increased across LoC after surgical strike
- Of surgical strike, demonetisation & Pak's mutilation of Indian jawans
- Jawans' mutilation: Adopt ethos of 'Fight Guerrilla like a Guerrilla'
- Mutilation of jawan’s body dastardly, inhuman act: India’s DGMO to Pak
- BrahMos land-attack missile successfully test fired by Indian Army
Pakistan violated ceasefire in the early morning hours of Wednesday in Mendhar's Markote area, Jammu and Kashmir. Intermittent firing is still continuing in the area.
Earlier on Teusday night, militants had barged into a police post guarding Shopian district's court complex and decamped with five service rifles.
Pakistan had also violated ceasefire on Monday in the Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir. Further, in a barbaric act Pakistan Border Action Team (BAT) had also mutilated the bodies of two Indian army soldiers.
Vice Chief of Army Staff Sarath Chand had on Tuesday said that Pakistan will have to face the consequences of the despicable act and the army will respond at a time and place of its choosing.
Army Chief General Bipin Rawat on Tuesday visited the frontier areas in north Kashmir and interacted with commanders and troops deployed along the Line of Control (LoC).
Accompanied by the Northern Army and Chinar Corps Commanders, he was briefed by Formation Commanders on the security situation on the border and measures instituted to strengthen the security posture besides overall operational and logistical preparedness.
During his interaction with troops, the General reassured them that the entire nation stood behind its soldiers in their brave endeavours to safeguard country’s sovereignty and integrity and maintain peace in the valley.