>>     >>   Junaid Khan killing: Prime accused worked as guard in Delhi

Junaid Khan killing: Prime accused worked as guard in Delhi, relative helped him getting job in Maharashtra

“He spent a few days at his home. He went to Mathura and Vrindavan and later through a relative he worked at some unit in Dhule for a few days,” Superintendent of Police (Railways) Kamaldeep Goyal said, addressing a press conference.


By   |  Updated On : July 09, 2017 04:43 PM
Junaid Khan killing: Prime accused worked as guard in Delhi (PTI Photo)

Junaid Khan killing: Prime accused worked as guard in Delhi (PTI Photo)

New Delhi :  

The main accused in the recent Ballabgarh lynching incident in which a 17-year-old Muslim boy Junaid Khan was killed while his brother survived was working as a security guard in a Delhi firm.

A resident of Haryana’s Palwal, the 30-year-old accused was on Saturday arrested by GRP from Dhule district of Maharashtra and he, during the interrogation has confessed his crime.

“During his questioning so far, the main accused has confessed to having stabbed Junaid and attacking his brothers,” Superintendent of Police (Railways) Kamaldeep Goyal said, addressing a press conference.

He was on the run since July 22 and took a train from Delhi’s Shivaji Bridge Station after killing Junaid.

“He spent a few days at his home. He went to Mathura and Vrindavan and later through a relative he worked at some unit in Dhule for a few days,” Superintendent of Police (Railways) Kamaldeep Goyal said, addressing a press conference.

The identity of the accused arrested Saturday has not been revealed so far pending completion of some legal procedure.

However, Goyal didn’t confirm the claims of Junaid’s brother that were called “beef eaters” by the accused. He said, “No such thing has come to the fore during the main accused’s questioning so far.”

Suggested Read: Lynching, rape, murder incidents increased under BJP rule: Congress

Earlier on Sunday, the Faridabad district and session court has sent him on a two-day police remand, and the next date of hearing in the case will be July 11.

So far, the murder weapon has not been recovered but police said the accused has told them that the knife, with which he attacked Junaid, was in his possession.

“It is an open investigation and only after thorough interrogation of the accused will the complete sequence of events in the case come to fore,” Goyal said, replying to a question about the sequence of events which led to Junaid’s killing.

The fight between the victim and his brothers and the accused in the train started at Okhla railway station in Delhi while the stabbing took place at a station Ballabgarh onwards, he said.

“Time limit for this investigation cannot be fixed.  Whatever facts we could share have been shared, but in the interest of investigation revealing more facts at this stage will not be appropriate. We will share these facts as and when they become clear,” he added.

Most Read: President Pranab Mukherjee speaks on increasing mob lynching, asks 'are we vigilant enough'

Meanwhile, father of the 16-year-old Junaid Khan demanded death penalty for the prime accused and the same sentiments were echoed by his mother.

“My son was innocent. I lost him as no one came to his help. While exemplary punishment should be given to all accused involved in the case, I demand that the main accused who stabbed Junaid should be hanged,” mother of Junaid Khan told reporters on Sunday.

Junaid was stabbed to death when he, along with his brothers, was returning home to Khandawli village after shopping for Eid in Delhi. His body was dumped close to Asaoti village in Faridabad district.

First Published: Sunday, July 09, 2017 04:28 PM
RELATED ARTICLES


Download the News Nation Mobile App and stay connected with top stories from India and around the world. Available on Android and IOS.


NEXT STORY