>>     >>   Uttar Pradesh: 300 students fall ill after gas leak in sugar mill

Uttar Pradesh: 300 students fall ill after gas leak in sugar mill in Shamli

Around 300 children of Saraswati Shishu Mandir in Uttar Pradesh’s Shamli district complained of vomiting and burning eyes after chemical leakage in a sugar mill on Tuesday.


By   |  Updated On : October 10, 2017 02:27 PM
New Delhi :  

Around 300 children of Saraswati Shishu Mandir in Uttar Pradesh’s Shamli district complained of vomiting and burning eyes after a reported chemical leakage in a nearby sugar mill on Tuesday.

Uttar Pradesh Yogi Aditya has ordered an inquiry by Commissioner Saharanpur and directed district magistrate to provide all help to children affected due to toxic emission.

The students were rushed to Shamli district hospital for medical care. According to sources, more than 150 students have been referred to hospitals in Muzaffarnagar and Meerut.

According to reports, students of the school fell ill after an alleged gas leakage from Sir Shadi Sugar Mill.

According to locals and parents of the wards, the gas leak was reported after the Sugar mill a few meters away from the school used chemical to destroy factory wastage.

Also read: Officers confirm death of 38 children in Bareilly hospital in month of August

A basic siksha adhikari who rushed to the hospital on learning the incident said ,“Due to gas leakage in a nearby sugar mill the students fell ill.”

A student of the school said, “We all started vomiting after a pungent smell.”

Another student of the school said that several students fell unconscious after the pungent smell which was coming from outside.

Also read| Uttar Pradesh: 49 children die due to lack of oxygen in one month at a Farrukhabad’s hospital

The students are being treated at government hospital. According to doctors all childrens admitted in the government hospital our out of danger.

According to doctors of government hospital in Shamli, a few students fell unconscious, several complained of uneasiness and difficulty to breathing.

He added all students are out of danger.

First Published: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 12:15 PM


Download the News Nation Mobile App and stay connected with top stories from India and around the world. Available on Android and IOS.


NEXT STORY