Max Hospital in Shalimar Bagh, whose license was canceled by the Delhi government, resumed its operations from Wednesday after it got relief from the Court of Financial Commissioner.
The hospital in a statement said that a stay order has been issued by the appellate authority in the matter and that they were committed to providing quality healthcare to their patients.
It had been reported last week that the hospital had moved a "government authority" against the cancellation of its license. A spokesperson of the Max Healthcare, when asked to elaborate on the appropriate authority approached, had said, "It is not a court authority but a government authority. And, the appeal was filed today."
The government had formed a three-member expert committee to probe the incident. After the panel found that “prima facie”, there was “gross medical negligence on part of the hospital authorities”, the Director General Health Services (DGHS) canceled the hospital’s registration.
Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal, on the other hand, had said that even though the government doesn’t want to interfere in the functioning of private hospitals, it won’t ignore criminal negligence. “We do not want to interfere in the functioning of private hospitals.
However, we won’t tolerate open loot and criminal negligence. In the field of education and health, we are very sensitive. And our government is upgrading government hospitals and setting up mohalla clinics and polyclinics,” the AAP supremo had said.
The DGHS, in its statement, had even held the nursing staff at fault as they had “handed over the bodies of the new, borns without any written direction from the pediatrician and had also missed signs of life in the male newborn while handing over the body to the attendants”.