Dentist couple Nupur and Rajesh Talwar have been acquitted by the Allahabad High Court on Thursday. They were convicted for murdering their daughter Aarushi in the year 2013.
Aarushi was found dead in her bedroom at their home in Noida. Few days later, their domestic help Hemraj Banjade was suspected to have murdered the girl. The decomposed body of Hemraj was recovered from the building’s terrace.
Four years ago, CBI had asked for the death penalty when the Talwars were convicted by a special court.
Here’s What judges said in the Aarushi Talwar Murder Case:
- There is no irresistible conclusion that the accused committed the murder.
- There is no clinching evidence that the parents did it.
- There is only circumstantial evidence.
- The golden rule unjustice if there is a situation where there are doubts, one has to favour an accused.
- The benefit of doubt in this case goes in favour of Talwars.