Curry Leaves Benefits: Use kadi patta in your diet for health and flawless skin
Curry Leaves Benefits: Use kadi patta for health and flawless skin (Photo:Twitter/@m_cahill)
Curry leaves are no stranger-ingredient in South East Asian countries recipe. Also known as kadi patta, curry leaves are a stable in Indian dishes. They act as natural flavouring agents with their special aroma effect. And, apart from adding a special flavour to the dish, curry leaves have many health benefits. They are known to have various antioxidant properties and help control frequent health problems such as dairrhea, indigestion and excessive acid secretion among others. Curry leaves are hence more than just a seasoning ingredient to add flavour to your food.
Below are the top five health benefits of curry leaves:
- Curry leaves help fight diabetes : Diabetes is one of the most common disease millions gets affected throughout. Using Kadi Patta or curry leaves in food is the way to an easy, natural remedy. They help keep the sugar levels in check by affecting the insulin activity, hence reducing the blood sugar levels.
- Hair care : Curry leaves not only help in strengthening the root of the hair but also help prevent greying of hair. You can either choose to apply dried curry leaves powder with oil to your hair or eat it directly.
- Curry leaves help improve Eyesight : Vitamin A which contains carotenoids is very important for a good eyesight. Curry leaves are packed with Vitamin A and as such they help protect the cornea. It will also help prevent night blindness, cloud formation or weakening of eyesight.
- Gastrointestinal Problems : The use of curry leaves for gastrointestinal problems has long been in practise in India. Since curry leaves have mild laxative properties consuming them can help curb indigestion. Add curry leaves juice to lime water and drink it every morning on an empty stomach to see a change.
- Skin care: Many people face insect bites, or face skin irritation almost every day. Applying the paste or juice to the burns, cuts, irritations to your skin will give you a quick, natural recovery/healing.
Also Read : Ancient amla therapy for quick and healthy hair growth
First Published: Thursday, August 30, 2018 02:11 PM