People in Bengaluru fall ill after eating left over sweets at cheap price

Updated On : 27 Apr , 2017 , 10:06 AM
People in Bengaluru fall ill after eating left over sweets at cheap price
People in Bengaluru fall ill after eating left over sweets at cheap price
New Delhi:

Residents of Sanjay Gandhi Nagar slum in Srirampura fell ill after they ate the left over sweets. It was a bad day for nearly 20 people including four adults. They bought the left over sweets at just Re 1 and it proved really costly for them as they fell ill after consuming them.

They had consumed Haal Kova (sweet prepared from milk). They bought the sweet from a woman in their locality. She sold sweets that were left over from functions held at a convention centre.

Eighteen people, out of which fourteen were children, were admitted to KC General Hospital. The patients suffered nausea and began vomiting and also suffered diarrhea.

"Manjula, a resident of the same locality sold sweets which the children consumed. They had the sweets around 6 pm on Tuesday and by 8 pm they began to vomit. We had to rush them to the hospital," recalls Mamatha, a relative of a four-year-old admitted to KC General Hospital.

Mamatha told Manjula worked as a cleaner in the convention centre and sold leftover food. One-year-old, Nafia’s mother told that she fell ill after she consumed sweets while she was playing near the house.

The admitted ones’ condition is told to be stable and they are undergoing treatment. Dr H Ravikumar, medical superintendent, K C General Hospital said, "The investigations have been done. Since two children were serious, they have to be sent to Indira Gandhi Institute of Child Health (IGICH). The food sample has been sent Food Safety Authority for examination." The condition of children is also stable.

First Published : Thursday, April 27, 2017 09:57 AM

POPULAR TAGS:

Download the News Nation Mobile App and stay connected with top stories from India and around the world. Available on Android and iOS.