Festivals in India usually mean gorging on sweets and other delicacies. Thinking how to get rid of those extra kilos which have gained during the festive season?
People usually believe that hitting the gym will give instant results, but sorry to burst the bubble, no it doesn’t.
Remember, ‘Rome was not built in a day’. Similarly, you need to keep in mind that losing weight doesn’t happen overnight. It requires dedication and patience to gain positive results.
People usually are working throughout the entire day in their office and hardly get time to take care of their health. We are here with seven effective tips to reduce those extra weight you have gained as of late.
1. Breakfast is a must: You should keep it mind that having breakfast in the morning is very important as it provides you enough to carry out your daily chores. You should avoid skipping the morning meal. Try to have your breakfast within two hours of waking.
2. Fruits, vegetables and whole grains: Try to include whole grains, fruits and vegetables in your daily diet because they are rich in fibre and also keep you full. The tip would be to avoid the processed foods which offer less fibre to the body.
3. Have small meals at regular intervals: Instead of eating to your fullest during lunch and dinner, try to take small portion of meals at short intervals. This will not only keep your charged up throughout the day but also allow your metabolism to function smoothly.
4. Avoid soft drinks and alcohol: Soft drinks usually contain high levels of sugar and therefore add to your body weight. You should be aware of the fact that liquid calories from alcoholic beverages accumulate faster and reduce your chances of losing weight.
5. Drink more water: Summer is about to knock your doors and you should make it a habit to drink water. As a matter of fact, water helps in weight loss by increasing the amount of calories your body burns.
6. Physical activity: Indulging in physical activity is considered as one of the most popular regimen for burning those calories. You should know that it further helps the body to prevent weight gain. So, what are you waiting for? Pick up any activity that you enjoy and can do on a regular basis and see the results.
7. Meal timings are very essential: Ideally your breakfast should be taken early because it provides the body energy and strength. Having breakfast will ensure that you don’t indulge in binge eating before lunch. Going for an early dinner is considered quite beneficial because it allows the body some time to digest the food well and also avoid storing it as fat.