For a very long time, there is a strong debate going on whether the use of mobile phones be curtailed given the amount of harmful radiation they emit and their effect on human beings.
With this topic in mind, here we share with you a few tips on how you can safeguard yourself and your loved ones against the harmful effects of radiation.
1. Use earphones, wired or Bluetooth headsets as this will keep the phone away from your body and you can use it to make or receive calls and cut the impact of radiation significantly.
2. Do not press handset against your head. The Radio Frequency (RF) energy is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the source, this means that keeping or pressing the phone too close and hard greatly increases energy absorption.
3. Limit the length of your calls as this will not only reduce the radiation effect but also cut down the talk time.
4. Use the speaker mode. Using the speakerphone will also keep the distance between the phone and your ear thereby lowering the effects of radiation.
5. Avoid mobile phone with metal framed glasses as metal is a very good conductor of radio waves so avoid using a mobile phone while wearing metal-framed glasses and even with wet hair.
6. Wait for the call to connect before you place the phone to your ear as more power is radiated during call connecting time. Mobile phone first makes the communication at higher power and then reduces power to an adequate level.
7. Keep away from cellphone if you have active medical implants such as a pacemaker. It is advised that you should preferably keep the cell phone at least 15 cm away from the medical implant. It is advised that you check the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) value of a mobile handset while purchasing one.