>>     >>     >>   India exceedingly experiments with sex toys, finds survey

India exceedingly experiments with sex toys, finds survey

A new survey by thatspersonal.com, an online store selling sexual wellness products, reveals the trends and usage patterns of sex products in India.


By   |  Updated On : August 11, 2017 11:11 AM
India exceedingly experiments with sex toys, finds survey

India exceedingly experiments with sex toys, finds survey

New Delhi :  

Even the usage of word 'sex' is considered a taboo in Indian society and therfore everyhting is restricted behind the closet.

People hold various sorts of fantasies and sex toys are one of the manys ways to achieve them. And now a new survey by thatspersonal.com, an online store selling sexual wellness products, reveals the trends and usage patterns of sex products in India.

After analysing 80,000 orders, 52 months of internal traffic, customer interactions and surveys, the research found that 62 per cent of buyers constitute of men while the remaining 38 per cent are women.

However, there are more number of women buyers seen in Baroda, Pune and Thiruvananthapuram.

Read more: Seven magical foods for men to improve their sex life

Maharashtra tops the list with largest number of buyers of sex products, followed by Karnataka, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh. Gujarat, which ranks sixth on the list, rises to the third position during the Navratri festival.

In the rankings of cities, Maharashtra still maintains its top position, followed by Delhi.

The study also noticed largest growth in Tier II and III cities, where sales have increased by 25% in the last 12 months. In tier II cities, Noida buys most sex products, followed by Lucknow, Jaipur, Gurgaon and Chandigarh. In tier III towns, Shillong (Meghalaya) tops the list, followed by Nanded (Maharashtra), Imphal (Manipur) and Anantapur (Andhra Pradesh).

First Published: Friday, August 11, 2017 10:55 AM


Download the News Nation Mobile App and stay connected with top stories from India and around the world. Available on Android and IOS.


NEXT STORY