Sri Lanka scripted a majestic 7 wicket victory over India in their Champions Trophy encounter. The islanders had lost their first match to South Africa by 96 runs and this victory has kept their hopes alive in the tournament.
The Sri Lankan batsmen batted with flamboyance to clobber the Indian attack to all parts of the ground. In the process, they easily overcame India's mammoth 321-run target.
Let's have a look at five reasons of Sri Lanka's victory:
1. Danushka Gunathilaka and Kusal Mendis provided the opening salvo, while forging a strong partnership to lay a platform after Niroshan Dickwella fell early.
2. Ravindra Jadeja displayed a substandard performance, he owled below par by his usual standards. The left-arm orthodox spinner seemed to be completely off colour in the match and went for plenty in the middle overs
3. Angelo Matthews and Kusal Perera held fort in the middle overs and provided the late flourish towards the end with some lusty blows
4. Asela Gunaratne played a valuable cameo towards the end to take the game beyond India 'a control
5. Indian pacers bowled on the short side, gave some really loose deliveries to help the Lankan batsman propel the scoring rate.