India is all set to clash with England in the grand finale of ICC Women's Cricket World Cup at Lord's on Sunday and the match will be watched by millions of cricket fans.
After stunning defending champions Australia in the semi-final at Derby courtesy Harmanpreet Kaur's blitzkreig, the Indian team is on a high and would take the field on a confident note. They have already defeated England in their opening match of the tournament and would look to repeat the heroics at the iconic ground for one last time.
On the other hand, England came back strongly after the first loss in the tournament. They have won all the remaining games and would look for revenge against the Indian team.
Let's have a look at some fascinating facts on India-England World Cup final at Lord's:
1. This edition's hosts England have won the World Cup on two previous occasions when hosting it ( 1973, 1993).
2. Indian team's second appearance at the World Cup final. They lost to Australia in the finals of the 2005 World Cup.
3. If India beat England in the 2017 finals, they shall join England, Australia and New Zealand as the fourth nation to clinch the coveted title.
4. England have won their last two World Cup finals beating NZ in 1993 and 2009.
5. India has played England twice at Lord's with each side winning one game each.
6. Mithali Raj has scored the most runs by any cricketer against England in ODIs (1605 runs).
7. The side batting first has won three of the last four World Cup finals.