In a random gun-attack by Islamist terrorists, 18 people have been killed and several injured including three security personnel at a Turkish restaurant — Aziz Istanbul — in the Burkina Faso’s capital Ouagadougou on late Sunday.
Burkina Faso security forces have gunned down two assailants after a seven-hour long gunbattle.
“At this moment our forces have neutralized two terrorists and the number of casualties, still provisional, is 18 dead and several wounded,” Communications minister and government spokesman Remy Danguinou told Washington Post.
Dangunou further added that the victims are mainly children and women.
“The toll could rise as several people have suffered critical injuries in the firing. Three security personnel were also wounded during the assault,” said Dangunou to media.
Burkina Faso’s security forces cornered and engaged the Islamic Terrorists in a gun battle soon after the assailants started random firing.
Capt. Guy Ye, spokesman of the security forces told the media that the gunbattle between security forces and terrorists lasted for seven hours.
Till the time report was filed no militant organisation has claimed the attack.
The restaurant had come under terrorist attack last year in January. Then 28 people from 18 countries were killed.