Indian-American Raj Shah has been given a key position in the communications team of the United States President Donald Trump on Tuesday.
Also, Hope Hicks was appointed as the Communications Director by Trump.
“Raj Shah will serve as Deputy Assistant to the President and Principal Deputy Press Secretary,” the White House said in a statement.
Shah has been the Deputy Assistant to the President and Deputy Communications Director.
A few pointers about Raj Shah:
1. Raj Shah was born in Connecticut after his parents who are from Gujarat migrated to the United States in the 1980s, as per PTI.
2. Shah’s father was an engineer by profession and had moved to Mumbai at a very young age while his mother comes from Bhujpur in Kutch.
3. He was the Director of Opposition Research in the Republican National Committee before moving to the White House after Donald Trump won the election.
4. 32-year old Shah was among the Trump aides who were brought to the White House within hours of him being sworn in as the 45th President of the United States on January 20.
5. In April, he was identified as one of the three West Wing Power Player in the White House along with Hope Hicks and Eli Miller.