Pakistan Army dismisses Indian claim of 'assault' on its post along LoC

23 May 2017, 07:18 PM
Representational Image
Representational Image

The Pakistan Army dismissed on Tuesday as "false" India's assertion that it decimated a military post in the Naushera sector. 

"Indian claims of destroying Pakistani post along LoC in Naushera Sector and firing by Pakistan Army on civilians across LoC are false," Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) director general Major General Asif Ghafoor said in a tweet. 

A top Indian Army official in New Delhi said today that the assaults were carried out recently as Pakistani posts were supporting infiltration inside India. Additional Director General Public Information Major General Ashok Narula said a video of the strike had been released. 

Read | Watch Video | Indian Army destroys Pakistani posts along LoC in Nowshera sector as part of counter-terrorism ops

First Published: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 07:12 PM
For all the latest World News Download the News Nation App available on Android and iOS.