>>     >>   Celebrities condemn terrorist attack at Ariana Grande concert in UK

Terrorist attack at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester: Celebrities condemn the attack on Twitter

Celebrities from across the globe condemned the terrorist attack at the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, UK that killed at least 19 people and left over 50 others injured.


By   |  Updated On : May 23, 2017 06:38 AM
Terrorist attack at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester: Celebrities condemn the attack on Twitter (File Photo)

Terrorist attack at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester: Celebrities condemn the attack on Twitter (File Photo)

New Delhi :  

Celebrities from across the globe condemned the terrorist attack at the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, UK that killed at least 19 people and left over 50 others injured. 

"Our prayers and strength to the victims and their families involved in this tragedy in Manchester. Stay strong. .@ArianaGrande," tweeted Dwayne Johnson. 

John Stamos, who plays famous Uncle Jessie in comedy series Full House, informed his fans that he was also doing his tour only half a mile from the blast site, but he is safe, "We're on tour a half mile away from explosion but SAFE! Insane world. Grab all the peace and love you can. Praying now."

Ariana Grande's music contemporaries Ketty Perry, Bruno Mars and Cash Cahs also tweeted their shock and sympathies. 

According to an official statement by her manager, Ariana Grande is safe.

But, unfortunately, some of her fans were not so lucky. "So far 19 people have been confirmed dead with around 50 others injured,” Greater Manchester Police said in a statement.

“This is currently being treated as a terrorist incident until police know otherwise,” the statement said.

Follow live updates on the Terrorist attack at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester

Eyewitnesses reported hearing a loud “bang” from inside the venue, which was playing host to a concert by American pop star Ariana Grande. Video footage from the scene showed bloodied victims being helped by emergency services.Grande is safe, her spokesperson said.

“It was one bang and essentially everyone from the other side of the arena where the bang was heard from suddenly came running towards us,” an eyewitness said.The blasts reportedly went off at the end of the concert near the box office area of the venue.

“Some people were screaming they’d seen blood but other people were saying it was balloons busting or a speaker had been popped,” said another eyewitness.

The UK’s Network Rail said train lines out of Manchester Victoria station, which is close to the concert venue, were blocked.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

First Published: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 06:29 AM


Download the News Nation Mobile App and stay connected with top stories from India and around the world. Available on Android and IOS.


NEXT STORY