China’s Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Friday warned at the United Nations against military action to respond to the threat from North Korea’s missile and nuclear programmes.
“The use of force does not solve differences and will only lead to bigger disasters,” Wang told the Security Council.
Earlier on Friday China has warned North Korea of sanctions if the reclusive nation went ahead with another nuclear test, US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has said.
“They (Chinese) confirmed to us that they had requested that the regime conduct no further nuclear test. In fact, we were told by the Chinese that they informed the (North Korean) regime that if they did conduct further nuclear tests, China would be taking sanctions action on their own,” Tillerson told Fox News in an interview aired last night.