Prime Minster Narendra Modi on Sunday addressed the nation on his monthly show ‘Mann ki Baat’. During his speech, PM Modi paid tribute to Indian Soldiers who lost their lives during terrorist attack in Uri on September 18. The Prime Minster also acknowledged the achievements of Indian Paralympics medallists and participants along with success of Swachh Bharat Mission.
Here are the 10 Highlights of PM Modi’s address in ‘Mann ki Baat’
1. On Uri attack: We salute Indian soldiers because they do not talk but take action. It is administration's duty to protect people of Kashmir. Will not spare Uri attackers.
2. On Kashmiris: Unity, harmony and peace are the ways to resolve problems and move towards development in Kashmir. People are looking forward to restore their normal life and business. I urge security forces to remember that laws exist to protect people of Kashmir.
3. On Patriotism: India is beaming with patriotic sentiments these days. Similar patriotic sentiments existed when Lal Bahdur Shastri led India to 1965 war, it is then Shastri gave 'Jai Jawan Jai Kisan'.
4. On Rio Paralympics 2016: India Paralympics medalists have changed our view towards ‘Divyaangs’. Every Indian has developed an emotional attachment with players, it has highlighted our humanity. The medallists have defeated disability through games.
5. On Swachh Bharat Mission: 2.48 Cr toilets built in the rural areas and 1.5 Cr more will be constructed in next year. Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat and Kerala are inching closer to ODF status.
6. Helpline number and app: Every Indian can now know about the status of Swachh Bharat Mission in their area through number 1969 and Swachhta app. The number 1969 has been chosen because Mahatma Gandhi was born in 1869 and this mission is dedicated to him.
7. On people’s contribution in SBM: On October 2 this year, you all can join cleanliness drive. You can devote 2-4 hours for it. Wing commander Paramveer Singh swam 2800 kms, from Dev Prayag to Ganga Sagar in order to spread message of cleanliness.
8. On Deen Dyal Upadhaya: Paid homage to Deen Dyal Upadhaya on his birth anniversary.
9. On Mann ki Baat 2nd anniversary: Started Mann ki Baat on this day two years ago, I hope that it never becomes a political battleground. Thank Indians who listen in to Mann ki Baat and respond through participating with letters, suggestions and actions.
10. On Durga Puja: Let's make the festival of ‘shakti’ Durga Puja a symbol of unity and peace.