India England series faces no threat, says ECB spokesperson

05 November 2016, 04:21 PM
ECB spokesperson has claimed that the India England series faced no threats (Image Source: Getty)
ECB spokesperson has claimed that the India England series faced no threats (Image Source: Getty)

An ECB spokesman claimed on Friday that the upcoming test series between India and England, due to begin next week, will continue as scheduled and reports of threats to the contest due to any financial constraints of BCCI were completely baseless.

It had been reported that BCCI Secretary Ajay Shirke has written a letter to England and Wales Cricket Board, asking the ECB to arrange for the expenses of its players in India since the Indian Board cannot carry out financial transactions.

"We are already in India, there is no change to any plans and we are looking forward to the series against India," an ECB spokesperson told PTI.

Also Read: India vs England 2016: Indian cricket team reaches Rajkot for first test

Shirke had approached the Lodha Panel, seeking directions since the home Board makes all the arrangements and payments for the visiting team during a bilateral series.

The Supreme Court appointed Lodha Committee had replied that the proposed MoU between the ECB and the BCCI is not a part of the mandate and no directions can be issued on payments unless details are furnished.

The Lodha Panel also stated that as far as payments areconcerned, if they are to be made directly by the BCCI, no directions can be given by the Committee until relevant details are furnished by the BCCI. 

First Published: Friday, November 04, 2016 11:54 PM

Related Tags:

For all the latest News Download the News Nation App available on Android and iOS.