BJP Manifesto: Wheat Flour At Rs 2, Free Bicycle-Scooties For Girl Students- Key Promises
Delhi BJP Chief Manoj Tiwari Said The Outgoing AAP Government's Subsidy Schemes For Power And Water Will Be Continued By His Party If It Is Voted To Power.
BJP, in its Sankalp Patra 2020, said it would focus on women empowerment, traders, infrastructure development and housing for all by 2022 (Photo Credit: Twitter @BJP4Delhi)
The BJP on Friday released its manifesto for the Delhi assembly polls, promising wheat flour at Rs 2 per kg for the poor, cycles and scooties for girl students as well as an 10 per cent increase in the health and education budget annually. The BJP, in its 'Sankalp Patra 2020' (manifesto), also said it would focus on women empowerment, traders, infrastructure development and housing for all by 2022. Delhi BJP chief Manoj Tiwari said the outgoing AAP government's subsidy schemes for power and water will be continued by his party if it is voted to power.
The 'Sankalp Patra' was released at the Delhi BJP office by Union minister Nitin Gadkari, election in-charge Prakash Javadekar and manifesto committee convener Harsh Vardhan. Party MPs Vijay Goel, Meenakshi Lekhi, Parvesh Verma, Ramesh Bidhuri, Hans Raj Hans and Gautam Gambhir were also present. The manifesto booklet also created a flutter as it mentioned Raj Kumar Chauhan as the manifesto committee's co-convener, when he has joined the Congress.
Here are the key points in BJP's manifesto for Delhi assembly elections:
- Supply of clean drinking water to every household will be ensured.
- BJP will implement the Modi government's Ayushman Bharat health scheme in Delhi.
- Each poor family will be provided good quality, subsidised 'atta' (wheat flour) at a rate of Rs 2 per kilogram.
- BJP will bring an ambitious 'Samridh Delhi Infrastructure Scheme', with a provision of Rs 10,000 crore, to ensure "focussed and priority" development of roads, flyovers, foot over-bridges and other key infrastructure projects.
- The manifesto promises to set up a 'Colonies Development Board' for undertaking development of various civic amenities. It also said that 10 lakh offices and shops of traders in Delhi will be converted from leasehold to freehold on priority basis.
- Necessary changes will also be made in the existing law to provide relief to traders from the ceiling drive.
- In order to improve connectivity in Delhi, 10,000 new green buses will be added to the public transport. Double decker buses will also be introduced with video and free Wi-Fi schemes, the party promises.
- High quality free Wi-Fi will be provided on public transport vehicles and at stations and bus stops, it said.
- The manifesto also promised 400 health and wellness centres under Ayushman Bharat and a 'Mission Zero' to check dengue, chikungunya and malaria.
- An annual health screening will be conducted for every citizen and a 'Smar Health Card', with fully digitised information, will be issued.
- BJP will open 200 new schools and 10 new colleges. The education budget will be increased by 10 percent every year, the party said.
- The manifesto also promised quality power supply and added that the BJP will ensure annual audit of all power companies.
- Installing WAYU equipment at polluted traffic junctions, 'Pari-Yantra' air purification systems on rooftops of public buses, incentivising use of electric vehicles and setting up charging stations.
- Scientifically designed barriers to prevent schoolchildren from air and noise pollution, vapur recovery systems at petrol pumps to prevent benzene pollution.
- A fixed amount would be deposited in an account on the birth of the first two girls in every economically weaker family so that they receive Rs 2 lakh after attaining 21 years.
- Girls belonging to poor families studying in class 9-12 will be provided free bicycle while those pursuing higher education will be provided electric scooty.
- Free sanitary napkins for school girls, a women security cell at the chief minister's office, more fast track courts for redressal of crimes against women, Rani Laxmi Bai Suraksha Yojna, deployment of women home guards and CCTV cameras at crowded areas, and parity of wages.
- BJP to ensure job security of contract workers, provide arrears to sanitation workers, create 10 lakh job opportunities, fill the vacant government posts, if it comes to power in Delhi.
First Published : 31 Jan 2020, 10:23:43 PM