Major highlights of Economic Survey
New Delhi, ANI | Updated : 27 February 2015, 02:29 PM
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Friday tabled the Economic Survey for fiscal 2014-2015, making it clear that an overall growth rate of over eight percent can be expected for the following year 2015-16.
- The major highlights of the survey that reviews the Indian economy over the past year are as following-
- A growth rate of over eight per cent expected for the coming year.
- Inflation shows a declining trend during the year 2014-15 (April-December) Decline in inflation by over six percentage points since late 2013.
- Double digit growth trajectory is possible now.
- Price subsidies do not appear to have had a transformative effect on the living standards of the poor.
- External Sector is returning to the path of strength and resilience.
- Manufacturing and services sector equally important for growth of economy.
First Published: Friday, February 27, 2015 12:59 PM