Last Day to file Income Tax Returns is July 31: Steps to link PAN and Aadhaar, change/rectify PAN details
The last day to file Income Tax returns for fiscal 2018-19 is on July 31. (File photo)
The last day to file Income Tax returns for fiscal 2018-19 is on July 31. Under the Income Tax Act, it is compulsory for Indians resident to submit their Aadhaar number while applying for the allotment of a Permanent Account Number (PAN) and for submitting income tax return. For this the linking of your Aadhaar with PAN before you file your income tax return is compulsory.
How to link Aadhaar to IT Returns?
- On the official income tax department portal, go to 'Quick Links' tab and click on Link Aadhaar.
- You will be directed to the Link Aadhaar page.
- Provide details of your PAN, Aadhaar number and name according to Aadhaar card and the Captcha code.
- Then click on Link Aadhaar.
In case, you want to update/correct details fed into PAN card via Umang app:
- One must have the Umang application on your phone
- Login using your mobile number then click on 'My PAN'.
- You will be directed to a page which shows various PAN card-related services.
- Click on "Correction/Change in PAN card CSF".
- On a new page that displays which reads 'Application for correction (CSF)', enter your PAN number and click on 'next'.
- Fill your details and also fill in the correction details.
- Click on submit.
- Make payment and submit.
- Form along with supporting documents can then be submitted at any of the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) TIN-facilitation centre or PAN centre. TIN or Tax Information Network is an Income Tax Department initiative aimed at modernisation of the current system for collection, processing, monitoring and accounting of direct taxes using information technology.
- Once the information are verified, the new PAN card with the updated information are sent to the applicant's residence.
- Subscribers can also track the movement using the 'Pan Query' option on My PAN. For offline mode, subscribers can download the correction form using 'Pan Query' and submit it at the nearest PAN centre along with the required documents.
Wednesday, June 19, 2019 03:11 PM