To beat Maruti’s Swift Dzire in middle-class sedan market, Ford unveiled its new Figo Aspire on Friday at its Gujrat plant in Sanand.
With the launch, the company expects the segment to grow to around 1.6 million units in India by 2018, from 1.1 million last year.
Ford Motor President and CEO Mark Fields announced at the launch, “The company would start manufacturing its new compact sedan Figo Aspire from the facility later this year.”
Ford India President and Managing Director Nigel Harris said, “The Figo Aspire was designed to meet the needs of consumers in India and around the world who told us they wanted a sophisticated compact car with a comfortable, flexible and roomy interior.”
Features of the car includes:
1. Innovative device dock which will help the driver to store, mount and charge mobile phones.
2. The device dock will also support MP3 players and satellite navigation systems.
3. Car’s entertainment system will be integrated into these devices.
4. It will also be equipped with SYNC with AppLink.
5. SYNC with AppLink will allow drivers to control their phone, entertainment and apps hands-free using simple voice commands.
6. Safety features include driver and passenger airbags
7. It will also contain side and curtain airbags.
8. In case of emergency, Bluetooth-paired phone will automatically call emergency responders.
9. It will come in 1.5L TDCi diesel engine and 1.2L TiVCT petrol engine.