EPF Interest To Be Credited Soon- How To Check PF Balance Online or Offline
The government has approved 8.65 per cent interest rate on employees provident fund for 2018-19, according to a recent PTI reports. The EPFO has been settling EPF withdrawal claims at 8.55 per cent interest rate, approved for 2017-18. Now, the EPFO will settle accounts on higher rate of 8.65 per cent for 2018-19. The interest will soon be credited into the accounts of over 6 crore subscribers of EPFO.
Here's how you can check you PF account balance:
Via EPFO Website
- Visit the EPFO website.
- From the 'Our Services' tab on the left corner, click on the 'For Employees' option.
- Now click on the Member Passbook.
- Log-in with your UAN number and password.
- After logging-in, you can access your PF or EFP account and check your available balance.
Via Umang App On Mobile
- EPFO provides various services through the centralised mobile app of the government, called Umang.
- Download the application from Play Store/App Store.
- Open the Umang app on your smartphone and select EPFO.
- Click on the 'Employee Centric Services.'
- Click on 'View Passbook' to check your EPF balance.
- Enter your UAN and click on Get OTP
- Enter the OTP and click on 'login.'
- Select the member ID of the company for which you want to check the EPF balance.
- Your passbook will be displayed on the screen along with your EPF balance.
Only those members who have activated their UAN can check their balance online after registering on the UAN member portal.
Offline Method (Via SMS)
- You can also check your balance by giving a miss call to 01122901406
- SMS EPFOHO to 7738299899
First Published: Friday, September 20, 2019 12:48 PM