Bike rider dies on the spot as Chinese manjha slits his throat

New Delhi, News Nation Bureau | Updated : 03 April 2019, 01:00 PM
Victim's throat was found deeply cut. (Representational Image)
Victim's throat was found deeply cut. (Representational Image)

A teenager riding his bike died after his throat was slit by a Chinese 'manjha' (kite string) in north Delhi, police said on Tuesday. The incident took place on Monday noon when the boy, identified as Ravi, was returning home after purchasing spare parts for a room cooler from a market at Nirankari Colony.

"When Ravi reached at GTB Nagar area, he came in contact with Chinese manjha and collapsed on the bike. His throat was found deeply cut. He was taken to a hospital where he was declared brought dead," a senior police officer was quoted as saying by IANS.

"We have registered a case against unknown persons and are investigating," he added.

Ravi, who was a resident of Yograj Colony, worked at a private company.

The Delhi government had banned Chinese manjha or metal coated thread in 2016 after many riders suffered critical injuries and some of them died in the national capital.

Despite the ban, people have been using these strings to fly kites which has resulted in injuries and death of many people.

First Published: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 01:00 PM
For all the latest Delhi And Ncr News Download the News Nation App available on Android and iOS.