Karol Bagh fire tragedy: 5 facts about Hotel Arpit Palace you want to know
In the dead of night, there was a short circuit in the kitchen which caused a fire to break out, that quickly spread on to the other areas. (Photo: PTI)
The guests and the staff of Hotel Aprit Palace in Central Delhi’s Karol Bagh woke up to the worst nightmare ever on Tuesday morning. In the dead of night, there was a short circuit in the kitchen which caused a fire to break out at 4 am, that quickly spread on to the other areas. The wooden panelling on the floors acted as a catalyst and prevented people from running down. As many as 17 people were killed and several others injured. The Delhi government announced a compensation of Rs 5 lakh to the family of the dead. The irony, however, is that the website of the hotel boasts of giving “high attention towards safety and security of their guests.”
Here are 5 facts about Hotel Arpit Palace that you don't know:
- Established 25 years ago, Hotel Arpit Palace is a 3-star hotel on Gurudwara Road at Karol Bagh in Central Delhi.
- The rooms range from the Presidential Suites, Maharaja Suites, Executive Rooms to Standard Rooms priced at Rs 8,200, Rs 6,200, Rs 5,200 and Rs 4,200, respectively.
- The hotel houses the multi-cuisine Crossroads Restaurant established in 2000 and Crossroads lounge & bar.
- All our rooms are equipped with modern day facilities.
- Users of travel portal Tripadvisor had given ‘Very Good’ ratings to the hotel on the site.
First Published: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 01:38 PM