A Fire breaks out at Employees' State Insurance Model Hospital in Basai Darapur of Delhi on Friday morning. At least six fire tenders have rushed to the spot.
The fire broke out in the ceiling of the operation theatre on the third floor of the hospital after which six patients were rescued to safety, Atul Garg, Chief fire officer said.
There was no report of any loss of life or damage to property.
The fire department said they received a call about the blaze at 9.10 am, after which six fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
The fire was brought under control by 9.25 am, the fire official added.
The cause of the fire is being ascertained, the officer said.
Earlier on Sunday, a minor fire broke out on the ground floor of a building in Dwarka where an examination was being held, Delhi Fire Service said. No injury was reported.
The fire department said they received a call about the incident around 11.36 am, following which six fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
"The fire broke out inside the metre situated on the ground floor of a building where an examination was being conducted," a senior fire official said.
The fire was brought under control by 12.30 pm, he said.
It is suspected that a short circuit in the electricity metre of the building led to the fire, the official added.