UP Budget 2019: Rs 4.79-crore budget for 2019-20 fiscal presented in Assembly
UP Budget 2019: Rs 4,79,701-crore budget for 2019-20 fiscal presented in Assembly
The Yogi Adityanath government tabled its third annual budget amounting to Rs 4,79,701 crore for the 2019-20 fiscal in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly on Thursday. The size of the budget is 12 per cent higher than the previous year's Budget of Rs. 4,28,384.52 crore. The annual budget was presented by state Finance Minister Rajesh Agarwal. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath was present in the House when the finance minister read out the budget speech. In his speech, Agarwal mentioned a number of new populist schemes. This is the third Budget of the Adityanath government in the state.
Here are the key takeaways:
- Rs 1,298 crore allocated for Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission.
- Rs 291 crore allocated for Matru Vandana Yojana.
- Rs 111 crore allocated for Mukhyamantri Jan Arogya Abhiyan.
- Rs 47 crore for 100-beded hospitals in all the districts.
- Rs 1,000 crore for airstrips in the state.
- Rs 800 crore has been allocated for Jewar airport, and Rs 200 crore for airport in Ayodhya.
- Rs 247.60 crore been allocated for the maintenance of cow shelters in rural areas.
- Rs 200 crore allocated for 'Kanha Gaushala and Besahara Pashu Ashram' in urban areas.
- Rs 3,488 crore set aside for implementation of National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme.
- Rs 6,240 crore set aside for the financial year 2019-20 under the Pradhanmantri Avas Yojna.
- Rs 910 crore has been earmarked for scholarship for minority community students.
- Rs 459 crore has been allocated to Arabi Farsi Madrassas in the state.
- UP govt to launch Kanya Sumangla Yojana for welfare of girls, Rs 1,200 crore has been allocated for the same.
- Rs 300 crore and Rs 200 crore has been set aside for special programmes in Poorvanchal and Bundelkhand, respectively.
- Rs 13,135 crore has been allocated for development of roads under PWD, Rs 2,100 crore for construction of bridges.
- Rs 207 crore has been allocated for development and beautification of corridor from Ganga ghat to Kashi Vishwanath temple.
- Rs 101 crore has been earmarked for development of prominent tourist places in Ayodhya and Rs 125 crore has been allocated for Braj teerth.
- Rs 27 crore has been allocated for facelift of Gar Mukhteshwar shrine.
- Rs 300 crore allocated for development of shrines.
- Rs 248 crore has been allocated for cancer institute to be setup in Lucknow.
- Rs 700 crore allocated for establishing 36 police stations along with barracks and police lines development, Rs 200 crore for for establishment for housing in 57 fire stations and Rs 204 crore for police modernisation.
First Published: Thursday, February 07, 2019 11:43 AM