A fire broke out on the 3rd floor of Churchill Chamber building on Merryweather Road near iconic Taj Mahal Hotel in Mumbai's Colaba on Sunday.
The fire brigade got a call around 12.17 pm of the blaze in Churchill Chamder building, located on Merry Weather Road, an official said.
Firefighters are trying to bring the fire under control and six persons have been rescued so far.
"The level-2 blaze was confined to the ground plus four-storey structure which was engulfed by thick smoke," the fire brigade official said.
"Some persons are trapped. Fire fighting and rescue operations are on," he said, adding that the cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained.
According to initial reports, no casualties have been reported.
Earlier on Saturday, a short circuit caused a blaze in an Axis Bank ATM in Ghatkopar area of the metropolis, a Fire Brigade official said.
No one was injured in the incident, which took place around 5pm on the ground floor of Mangal Murti building on Ghatkopar-Mankhurd Link Road, he added.
"A short circuit in the cable passing through the ATM caused the fire. It spread in the kiosk. We doused it in 15 minutes. Axis Bank officials have been asked to assess the damage," he said.
With PTI Inputs