Student, who had consumed poison after failing exams, dies

14 July 2018, 06:33 PM
Student, who had consumed poison after failing exams, dies (Representational Image)
Student, who had consumed poison after failing exams, dies (Representational Image)

A 21-year-old student, who had allegedly consumed poison after reportedly failing in her college exams on Saturday died while undergoing treatment at a private hospital in suburban Kurla here, police said.

Puja Sangle, the daughter of a constable attached to Nehrunagar police station, was depressed for the past few days after she failed her second year Bachelor of Architecture exams, a senior police official said.

The official said the deceased had also applied for admission to a new stream at a different college.

Three days ago, she consumed poison and fell unconscious near Kurla station following which she was rushed to a nearby hospital, an official said.

“She died today while undergoing treatment. A probe into the incident is underway,” said Vilas Shinde, senior inspector, Nehrunagar police station.

First Published: Saturday, July 14, 2018 06:30 PM
For all the latest Mumbai News Download the News Nation App available on Android and iOS.