Arunachal Pradesh floods: Government sanctions Rs 15 lakh each for victims

06 September 2018, 05:43 PM
Arunachal Pradesh floods: Government sanctions Rs 15 lakh each for victims
Arunachal Pradesh floods: Government sanctions Rs 15 lakh each for victims

In a bid to extend support to the flood victims in East Siang district’s Mebo sub-division, the Arunachal Pradesh Disaster Management Department on sanctioned an amount of Rs 15 lakh each to those whose houses were damaged in the Siang river flood fury. The relief assistance would be deposited in their bank accounts, according to an official release on Thursday.

On Wednesday, Disaster Management secretary Bidol Tayeng visited the flood-affected villages of Mebo sub-division along with local MLA Lombo Tayeng and interacted with the flood victims.

Also Read | Nagaland flood: 12 dead, thousands homeless in deluge-hit state; CM seeks relief from Centre

Officials said the team, however, could not reach some of the areas, like the Partung riverine island due to turbulent currents in the river.

Siang River has recorded a decline in water levels, though in an insignificant manner, the officials said.

Over 1,000 families living along the river bank have been affected at Mebo.

Also Read | Nagaland floods: State requires Rs 800 crore 'immediately' for restoration work

East Siang Deputy Commissioner Tamiyo Tatak had been asked to immediately assess agricultural land and crop damages caused by erosion.

Chief Minister Pema Khandu, on Tuesday (September 4) had urged Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh for an inter-ministerial team to assess the situation for further needful action and precautionary measures.

(With PTI inputs)

First Published: Thursday, September 06, 2018 05:27 PM
For all the latest North East News Download the News Nation App available on Android and iOS.