Four students were among six persons taken ill on Thursday after drinking contaminated water from a tubewell in a government school under Kuchaikot block in Bihar's Gopalganj district, an official said.
Four children and two teachers drank water from the tubewell and complained of dizziness and related symptoms, Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Reyaz Ahmed said.
Three children were taken to Sadar hospital for treatment, while the remaining persons recovered after being administered medicine in the school premises itself, he said.
Alleging foul play in the incident, Ahmed said that the tubewell may have been poisoned by some miscreants.
The District Magistrate Krishna Mohan has rushed an official team to probe the matter, the SDO said.