The last date of registration for the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET-UG) 2019 has been extended to December 7. The NEET-UG is scheduled to be held on May 5, 2019. Earlier, the last date of registration for NEET UG 2019 was November 30, 2018. Supreme Court even allowed the candidates of 25 years and above (30 and above for reserved categories).
The NEET UG 2019 exam paper have one paper with 180 multiple choice questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology). The time duration for the paper is three hours and will be conducted in pen and paper mode only.
As per the guidelines, the candidates who have passed by National Testing Agency (NTA), those candidates who have passed class 12 from an open school and the candidates who had either biology or biotechnology as an additional subject at class 12 are not eligible for appearing in NEET UG 2019.
Syllabus of NEET UG 2019
1. Gravitation, Kinematics, Laws of Motion
2. Kinetic theory and perfect gas
3. System of particles, rigid body
4. Oscillations, waves
5. Work, Power and Energy
6. Bulk matter and its properties
7. Measurement, SI units
8. Heat, Temperature, Thermodynamics and its laws
9. Nuclei and Atoms
10. Electricity- Static and Current
11. Properties of matter, dual nature and radiation
12. Ray optics and optical instruments
13. Light- Reflection, Refraction, and laws
14. Magnetism and magnetic effects
1. Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
3. Environmental Chemistry
4. Structure of Atom
5. Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
6. Properties of Matter- Gases and Liquids
7. s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)
8. p- block elements
12. Redox reactions
13. Haloalkenes and Haloarenes
14. Surface Chemistry
15. Solid state
1. Diversity in Living world
2. Structural organisation in animals and plants
3. Cell structure and function
4. Plant physiology
5. Human physiology
7. Genetics and evolution
8. Biology and Human welfare
9. Biotechnology and its applications
10. Ecology and environment.
NEET UG 2019 score admission will be done for All India Quota seats, State Government Quota Seats, seats available in Central Institutions/ Universities/ Deemed Universities State/ Management/ NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private University and Central Pool Quota Seats.
NEET UG 2019: Paper pattern
The examination will be conducted in offline mode (pen-paper based) comprising 180 questions divided equally among physics, chemistry and biology. The exam will cover both, class 11 and class 12 syllabus of these three subjects. Candidates will be awarded +4 marks for every correct answer, while -1 will be deducted for every incorrect answer. The language of the question will be English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Urdu, and Telugu.