The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi and Madras have finally made it to the list of Asia's top 50 universities in the latest Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) Asia University rankings.
IIT-Delhi is at 41 rank while IIT-Madras stands at 48.
The Bangalore based Indian Institute of Science (IISc) failled to make it to the top 50 which was at 33 last year. No Indian University has made it to the top 10.
Quacquarelli Symonds (‘QS’) is a leading global higher education company, with over 250 employees across 5 continents speaking over 25 languages.
QS is best known for publishing the QS World University Rankings, which is considered as one of the most popular and authentic university ranking system.
Below are the top 10 best universities in Asia:
1) Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU)
2) National University of Singapore (NUS)
3) The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
4) KAIST – Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology
5) The University of Hong Kong
6) Tsinghua University
7) Fudan University
8) City University of Hong Kong
9) Peking University
10) The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK)