Results for the Lok Sabha Elections 2019 that was held in seven phases starting from April 11 to May 19 will be out on Thursday. Nearly 59 per cent voting was recorded for Punjab’s 13 Lok Sabha seats in the final phase of the general election. News Nation exit poll had predicted the mood of voters of Punjab ahead of the official results. Accordimg to the News Nation’s exit poll, the BJP-Akali Dal alliance is likely to lose one seat and settle with five seats, while the Congress is expected to win seven seats and the AAP may win just one seat.
Lok Sabha Election Results 2019: Here are key contestants in Punjab
- Amritsar (2014 Result: Congress, Winner: Captain Amarinder Singh, Margin: 1,02,770)
2019 candidates: Hardeep Singh Puri (BJP) Vs Gurjeet Singh Aujla (Congress) Vs Kuldip Singh Dhaliwal (AAP)
- Gurdaspur (2014 Result: BJP, Winner: Vinod Khanna, Margin: 1,36,065)
2019 candidates: Sunny Deol (BJP) Vs Sunil Kumar Jakhar (Congress) Vs Peter Masih (AAP)
- Bathinda (2014 Result: SAD, Winner: Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Margin: 19,395)
2019 candidates: Harsimrat Kaur Badal (SAD) Vs Amrinder Singh Raja Warring (Congress) Vs Baljinder Kaur (AAP)
- Firozpur (2014 Result: SAD, Winner: Sher Singh Ghubaya, Margin: 31,420)
2019 candidates: Sukhbir Singh Badal (SAD) Vs Sher Singh Ghubaya (Congress) Vs Harjinder Singh Kaka Sran (AAP)
- Anandpur Sahib (2014 Result: SAD, Winner: Prem Singh Chandumajra, Margin: 23,697)
2019 candidates: Prem Singh Chandumajra (SAD) Manish Tewari (Congress) Vs Narinder Singh Shergill (AAP)
Earlier, Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh thanked the voters of Punjab for making sure the elections were free and fair. He added the voter turnout was proof of people’s commitment to uphold the democratic ethos of the country, which the BJP-led NDA was trying to destroy.