While the news has come as a suprise for everyone, Saif seems to be quite happy with the replacement and said that there couldn't have been a better successor. The Cocktail actor has played the lead in first two instalments of Race franchise. The actor also confirmed that he will not be a part of the Race franchise now and hasn't been approached for the same as well.
Talking about the same, Nawab of Pataudi was quoted as saying, "Actually Ramesh had told me about this last year that he wants to make a new film in the franchise, 'Race 3', and wanted to take up a new cast. I love Rameshji and who better than Salman Khan for this. I wish them both very good luck. But I have not been approached."
Interestingly, producer Ramesh Taurani had lately confirmed that Race 3 will feature Salman and Jacqueline Fernandez in the lead.
“As of now, Salman and Jacqueline have been finalised for the lead while Remo D’Souza is directing it. We are yet to lock the rest of the cast and crew. We start shooting on a set in Mumbai in October, followed by a long international schedule. We are currently figuring out the dates and foreign locations. The story is set abroad and will be completely different instead of taking off from the previous two films,” Turani was quoted saying to Mumbai Mirror.
Currently, Saif is busy promoting his upcoming movie 'Chef' which is the Indian remake of a Hollywood movie of the same name. Helmed by Raja Krishna Menon, Chef is slated to release on October 6.