Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas to sue magazine for false ‘DIVORCE NEWS’?

New Delhi, News Nation Bureau | Updated : 01 April 2019, 03:58 PM
Priyanka, Nick Jonas reportedly planning to sue magazine for spreading false news (Photo: Instagram)
Priyanka, Nick Jonas reportedly planning to sue magazine for spreading false news (Photo: Instagram)

Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas, last week found themselves in a vortex of ‘made-up’ news as one magazine wrote that the lovebirds are divorcing after just 117 days of marriage. The news, of course, hit the Mr. and Mrs. Jonas ’ fans hard who were left shocked and dumb-founded. Regarding this very damning claim, Gossip Cop who reached out to Chopra’s rep to get the truth behind the report came back to let us know that the magazine’s story is ‘nonsense’!

In account to the false news, a new report has now surfaced that PeeCee and Nick are planning to sue Ok! Magazine for this disturbing news.  According to Spotboye, Priyanka’s close associate has told In.com that made up their mind and will send a legal notice to the tabloid “Once she makes up her mind to deal with negative rumour-mongering, nothing can stop her. Priyanka will let loose her legal team on this news-manufacturing tabloid and ensure they get to their knees’’. Spotboye also adds that the couple has fixed an appointment with their legal team to draft the notice and will soon send it to the magazine, claiming damages.

This isn’t the first time Nick and Chopra have found themselves a victim of false news. Last year just days after their marriage, New York Magazine published on the magazine’s the Cut website called Priyanka Chopra a ‘global scam artist’ which was later deleted.  The false news was strongly opposed by fellow stars like Sonam Kapoor, Sophie Turner which called the article, ‘’sexist, racist and disgusting’’. And though The Cut later deleted its piece and apologised for the article false news don’t seem to stop trailing the stars and this recent, false publicity by Ok! Magazine is one horrible example.

Parineeti Chopra, who reached out to Hindustan Times has also strongly condemned the previous The Cut article calling it “terrible”. She said, “All I will say is that it was a terrible article. But whatever my reaction was remains between us [family]. I don’t need to talk about it as it’s not for public consumption.”

As for the recent false news, the Kesari actress called it ‘fake’ and ‘cr*p’. also "Honestly, I don’t really get angry as it’s not a part of my genetic built. Main kisi se zyaada argue bhi nahi kar sakti hoon. Even if I fight with someone — which hardly happens — it will be more on the emotional side. I am not that kind of a person, who will get angry and walk away. As for that article, like I said, public karna hota toh main tweet kar deti but it was very personal. But clearly, they were wrong because they removed it. And the whole world retaliated as everyone could see that it was absolutely fake and cr*p," she added.

First Published: Monday, April 01, 2019 03:56 PM
Post Comment (+)