Salman Khan has made it to the top slot with Rs 244.5cr earnings beating Shah Rukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan in the Forbes India Celebrity 100 list of 2014.
The 48-year-old actor grabbed the number one position both in terms of revenues and fame, which was a first, the Dawn reported.
Whereas, Big B was second in overall ranking and third in the money rankings with earnings of Rs 196.75 crore and his fame rank was 4 which was not surprising since he has nearly 12 million Twitter following, the largest for anybody on that platform in India.
While, King Khan's ranking this year dropped to number 2 with earnings of Rs 202.4 crore and his fame rank dropped to seven, leaving his overall ranking at number 3.
Emraan Hashmi, Pritam, Amit Trivedi, Sajid Khan, and Jeev Milkha Singh are amongst celebrities who could not hold on to their spots.
Celebrities are ranked on two counts, money and fame to calculate their overall ranking.
The top 10 from the list are the following:
1. Salman Khan - Rs 244.50 crore
2. Amitabh Bachchan - Rs 196.75 crore
3. Shah Rukh Khan - Rs 202.40 crore
4. MS Dhoni - Rs 141.80 crore
5. Akshay Kumar - Rs 172.00 crore
6. Virat Kohli - Rs 58.43 crore
7. Aamir Khan - Rs 80.47 crore
8. Deepika Padukone - Rs 67.20 crore
9. Hrithik Roshan - Rs 85.00 crore
10. Sachin Tendulkar - Rs 59.54 crore